Sunday, May 23

A quickie

This is funny at 06:38 after a long boring night shift:
A mechanical engineer, an electrical engineer, and a civil engineer are discussing God. They all agree He must be an engineer, but what kind? The mechanical engineer says, look at the human body, its skeleton, joints and musculature, mechanical genius! God must be a mechanical engineer. The electrical engineer says, Nonsense! Look at the brain, the nerves, God is an electrical engineer. The civil engineer says, "Nope. God is a civil engineer, who else would put the sewer outflow in the middle of the entertainment district?
I'll check if it's still funny at any other time after a morning's sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Lessee... If man = God, then yes, it's funny because we have a tendancy to do really stupid stuff.

    On the other hand, just because we don't understand why something is the way it is, doesn't necessarily constitute a lack of intelligence on God's part. That reminds me of a specific scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:25 "...the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

    I won't even go into the implications of if God = evolution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had heard that joke before. I thought it was pretty funny. A few months back I tried to tell it to somebody. I can't really remember why or in what context, but I had forgotten half the story. So thanks for posting and refreshing my memory. It is funny. Even in the morning :)

    But the human body is pretty perfect design. The joke didn't remind me of any scriptures, but I do agree with fI.

    ReplyDelete